Car Racing – A variety of Varieties.
You can find various types of racing and could be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally at some point and then leave the area at regular intervals to attain a particular point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand to be able to have a better notion of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to choose the best possible way to attain the destination. World Rally Championship is the most popular championship in this kind of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: This really is one of the most famous motor sports and involves plenty of specially designed high-speed cars. They are Racing cars open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in leading and along with rear to have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is a World Championship that is now proven to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the best amount of motor sport and every car racer desires to participate in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This type of racing takes place in snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes place in high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for a better adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This type of race involves highly modified production cars and it is comparatively slower than the low rider racing or the single-seater racing. Typically the most popular championship is the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This type of car racing is comparable to Touring car racing and can be an American version of the same. The automobile racing series popular in this kind of racing is the NASCAR. This really is generally conducted on ovals and the cars utilized in racing are much like production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a particular distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the range of cars participating in this race could be everyday car to high class racing cars. It depends on which kind of car will be used for drag racing as a road racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and exactly the same distance could be included in a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Sports vehicle racing takes place in a sealed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions compete with each other. This race is specially for long distances like 1000km and that is why this race involves several driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells everything, the racing of some modified cars occurs off road i.e. far from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This type of race involves racing for the best time completion. The cars need to climb the extremely steep hills and the automobile with the best completion time is the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks are quite small and the karts utilized in the race are quite distinctive from the conventional cars that operate on roads.